Saturday, November 28, 2009

The One with the Leftovers

Thanksgiving leftovers have always left me disappointed.  Like when someone overhypes a movie and your expectations are sky-high.  You go see it, and come out of the theater wondering what all the fuss was about.  Let's face it, the turkey is never as good.  The yams have been stripped of their marshmallowy blanket, and it's just very anticlimactic.

Until this year.

The Wife made a pie.  She put everything (turkey, potatoes, stuffing, and gravy) inside a flaky, homemade pie crust.  Oh. My. Gosh.  I'll never hate the day after Thanksgiving again.  I told her I wasn't waiting until next Black Friday to have it again.

I love being married.  The pie was so good that I almost didn't notice that my side of yams was lacking in the marshmallow department.  Almost.

4 comments:

Ginny said...

Did she just kind of layer it all in there? And I sent home marshmallows with her. Were the yams in the pie too or just the taters, turkey and stuffing?

Jon said...

No yams in the pie. Just sorta layered the potatoes, stuffing, turkey, and gravy...I think. And yes, I know you sent home marshmallows. I didn't want to wait for the oven to brown them.

Dennis Hong said...

You know what would've been TOTALLY awesome? If you had baked her turkey-potato-stuffing pie AND your grandpa's apple pie all in one. You know, as a symbolic gesture of the union between you and Heather. That's what a REAL husband and wife would do. :-p

Traci Marie Wolf said...

Awww your wife's amazing, I'm glad you have her. If anyone thought you two couldn't get sweeter together,you just did...Seriously.