Monday, November 2, 2009

The One with the Eye Gouging

Today, I wanted to gouge my own eyes out.  Possibly more than ever.  Today was the first in a series of five leadership classes at work.  Yep, five Mondays, from 1-5.  I walked away knowing that I lost gour hours of my life, and I'll never get them back.  There was Powerpoint.  There was a workbook.  There were lame videos of case scenarios.  There was pounding of my head on the table.  There was, I wish, eye gouging.  I had a very nice pen/highlighter combo.  It would have sufficed quite nicely to gouge my eyes out.

I'm not quite sure why I would gouge my eyes out, when the ears would be a better choice.  Without my eyes I could still hear the ridiculous suggestions of how to talk to people.  And I get to do this four more times.  Next time, I'll be prepared.  A pizza, a portable TV, a stand-in who looks vaguely like me.

So, to my two and-a-half readers, tell me about a time when you wanted to gouge your own eyes out.  Because, you know, misery loves company.

5 comments:

Heather said...

Well, I'll let you know tomorrow after I go to the Social Security office and the DMV. Hopefully it doesn't top any stories I could provide you with right now, but you never know with government offices.

Anonymous said...

A time when I wanted to gouge my eyes out was this one time when I took this leadership class at work. It's not too bad though, the first day was definitely the worst and at least you know a lot of people there. It's fun listening to peoples stories in class. i would often think things like "You have a red nametag, been in the park 2 months...and you're a supervisor?" or "No wonder you work at 2AM." Oh and Heather, Courtney got her stuff done pretty quick though she seems to be the exception so good luck.
-Josh

Lori said...

Oh lots of times. Last night, for one, because maybe, had I gouged my eyes out, I would have temporarily forgotten how violently ill I was. Labor, before the epidural. Lots of days that I worked for Misty Shaw at conference services.

Anonymous said...

Several ophthalmology seminars come to mind. Can anyone drone on for that long without putting THEMSELVES to sleep, let alone the poor people stuck in the room trying to earn their continuing education credits? Boring doesn't even begin to describe some of those seminars!

Traci Marie Wolf said...

Recently I wanted to gouge my eyes out (or rather cut my arms off) after having to lug my 4 pieces of giant luggage, around God's beautiful rainy creation, because my plane couldn't land where it was supposed to, oh and I was starving, so just kill me altogether.