Wednesday, November 4, 2009

The One with the Banana Hammock

Are you intrigued?

My manager had an avocado on her desk.  Upon inquiring about said avocado, I learned that it is not yet ripe.  Hard as a rock, in fact.

"Put it in a paper bag with a banana," I said.

"Why a banana?" she asked.

"I don't know, but bananas make them ripen faster."

A female coworker of mine chimes in with, "Yeah, I have one of those banana hammocks."

Have you stopped laughing yet?  I haven't.  The rest of her sentence was, "And you can't put anything else in it with the bananas because they ripen other fruits too fast."  We never heard that part.  The laughter was too loud.  Luckily I was agaist a wall, or I would have fallen completely over.

Here is the hammock.  I suppose it really is, per the photo, a banana hammock.  But come on, you hear banana hammock, you think otherwise.  It's really too bad we can't have fun at work.

1 comment:

Traci Marie Wolf said...

ha ha ha ah aha ah ha Am I the only other person laughing at this?