Tuesday, November 10, 2009

The One with Fish World

Facebook has all sorts of apps that get you playing interactive games.  There are mafia games, farms you can operate, and aquariums you can own.  A bunch of people at work play Happy Aquarium.  So many play it that I never did just because "everyone and their mom has a Happy Aquarium."  It was the principle of the matter.

Then I stumbled upon Fish World.  It's different that Happy Aquarium, but the same.  You own an aquarium, buy fish, sell them when they are adults, clean your aquarium, decorate it, and all that jazz.  You earn money to buy things and points to "level up."  It's quite ridiculous, I know.  What makes it better than Happy Aquarium is the fact that if you don't feed your fish, they die.  Now, they just float upside-down until one of your friends revives them, but they can die nonetheless.  I suppose if the fish in Happy Aquarium could die, it would need a more realistic name like Happy Aquarium Most of the Time Until Your Fish Float Upside-Down and then it's Moderately Sad Aquarium.  But that would just be excessive.

Anyway, I have a Fish World.  Why?  Because it's something to do, and because when I started it, only one person I know had one.  "Everyone and their mom" had yet to tap into the wonders of an underwater world.

You should try it.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

No
-Josh

Lori said...

Update your profile. Unless you have another best friend you're going to marry. In that case, you and Heather and other best friend should move out here to Utah. :-)

Traci Marie Wolf said...

I am over all my cyber fish tanks. Obviously my attention span is like....2 weeks.