The following is simply an explanation of what happened. I am in no way smack-talking a company that doesn't deserve it. On September 20, 2009, Top Cat Limousine really did suck at life.
I booked a limo through Top Cat to take Heather and I from our reception to our hotel near LAX. Two days prior to the wedding, I called all my reservations for the coming events just to confirm. I called Top Cat. They confirmed the correct date, address, and time. "We'll see you then," the guy told me.
Our reception ended, the night having been absolutely perfect. Top Cat wasn't there. In fact, they were never there. They simply failed to show up. Shafted a bride and groom on their wedding night. For real.
While we were honeymooning, my parents were dealing with Bottom Feline. They gave them the run around. Apparently, it's not their fault because they contracted it out to an affiliate. Well that's funny, because my credit card charge says Top Cat on it. So, yeah, it's your fault. They never once apologized. For nine days, they failed to credit my card the 1/3 of the cost that I had deposited. Their accountant only works on Mondays, they said. Convenient. They have since credited me the money, but that's not the point. My parents told them that if they failed to provide restitution by the close of business one day (not the day I was credited, mind you) that we would use every media outlet available to us, such as Facebook, blogs, etc. to make sure people knew how they treat customers. They guy actually said to my mom, "Go ahead." My sister called them to tell them that she read what they did on a blog and would never use them. The guy told her, "Okay, that's fine."
This company is the worst kind. The kind that screws people over, and doesn't even care. They are a company that a lot of San Diegans know and use for proms, etc. I urge you to never give these people your business. Don't let this happen to you or those you know on their special night, whatever that may be. please, pass the word along to your family, friends, and co-workers to never use Top Cat Limousine.
It should be noted that, while disappointed, Heather and I did not let this company ruin our night. We simply accepted the fact that we had no limo, and moved on. Do I have a great wife or what?
How did we get to LA, you ask? Enter the greatest photographer known to the earth. Garon Kiesel, after snapping pictures of us all the live long day, realized that we had no ride. "I live in Thousand Oaks," he said, "And literally drive right by LAX. I can give you a ride if you want." Well, neither Heather or myself were in any mood to drive to LA, so we accepted. Garon Kiesel saved our butts. From our engagement photos to our wedding to our impromtu ride to LA, he has been professional, funny, easy-going, kind, and pretty much amazing. If you ever need a professional photographer, Garon Kiesel gets my nod of approval.
1 comment:
Ya, you do have a great wife. She has a pretty awesome husband too though :)
Post a Comment