Isaiah 64:8 - But now, O LORD, you are our Father; we are the clay, and you are our potter; we are all the work of your hand.
I am trying to live out the principle in this verse. God is the potter, and I am the clay. He will mold me and shape into what he sees fit; when he sees fit. That's the tough part. I have prayed for patience. Sometimes we don't always realize that when we pray for things like that, the only way to be patient is to have opportunities that call for it. I'm in the middle of one such time. My wedding is fast approaching, which I am indescribably excited for. But our job prospects are still very much up in the air. He knows what will happen. I do not. This has always been a struggle of mine. I trust in His plan, but find it difficult when I am unsure what that plan entails. I know it will be revealed to me on His timetable.
Despite my trust, there are concerns. Concerns over affording life. Concerns over providing for my wife.
Genesis 2:24 - Therefore a man shall leave his father and his mother and hold fast to his wife, and they shall become one flesh.
Pretty soon, it's all us. We are no longer just our parent's children, but we are we. We need to support ourselves. When I allow myself to think about what that truly means, it scares me. And then I bring my mind back to where it should be all the time anyway. To Him. To the One who, if He can created a universe in six days, can certainly provide for us in this life. It may not be exactly what we want or when we want, but it is exactly what He wants. And since He is He, and I am me, I think I'll stick with what He has planned.
In Matthew, Jesus said, "Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light."
The burdens of this life may, at times, feel overwhelming. Those are the precise times we need to fall at His feet. This is the precise time that I need to fall at His feet. What else can I do? I don't know how to make a pot, so I should avoid trying. All I am is a lump of clay, waiting for his day to become a pot capable of supporting another pot. I hope that day is soon. But, as always, only the potter knows for sure.
4 comments:
Thank you for writing that. It's a good reminder, and something I needed to hear. I love you.
This is pretty much my theme for MVCC's women's retreat and, well, the story of my life.
Might I add Matthew 6:27 "Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life?"
nobody feels like you right now more than me. Thanks for writing that. Your truy are a great friend and an inspiration to me. Thanks fr being such a faithful Follower and setting a great example for those struggling like me. Love you pal!
Jordan
I think this is what I really needed to come on here and read. I have been feeling so weak and so burdened.Thank you for sharing this, something about someone adding a story to a scripture that really speaks to me. It's amazing how we can know God is there for us, but it is the hardest thing to remember in the middle of the pain,trouble,storm etc. Thanks for the reminder, that God is here for me.
Traci
Post a Comment