Where has the 99 Cent store been all my life? I suppose it's been there the whole time. A more appropriate question, then, would be: Where have I been all the 99 Cent store's life? That place is awesome! I went in there today just for the heck of it, and man, they have some good stuff for a dollar. A pound and a half of peaches. A package of kaiser rolls. A jar of roasted red peppers (try them, they're awesome). A container of salsa. Junior Caramels (the long-lost cousin of Junior Mints). Aluminum foil. Hot dogs. Computers. Okay, that last one was just to see if you're still paying attention. But for real, that might be my new favorite place. As I browsed it's randomly-clad aisles, I pondered what life would be like to not need the 99 Cent store. To not have to look at price tags (I'll give you a hint...in there, it's .9999). But then, I realized that needing the 99 Cent store keeps me humble. It keeps me responsible. Sure, it would be nice to not have to worry about money, but I think those are the times that shape us the most. So go on, visit your friendly neighborhood 99 Cent store, and you too, can have an epiphany.
Next time Heather and I are trying to find something to do on a Saturday night, I'm suggesting the 99 Cent store.
3 comments:
The 99 cent store can be a fun place - glad you seemed to have enjoyed it. Can't wait for Saturday lol.
The Dollar Tree where everything is 1.00 is awesome too. There's one on Fletcher Parkway by Parkway Plaza. Sometimes they are a little nicer even than the 99 cent stores. By the way, be sure to check the dates on any food or canned goods that you buy there. Just a word to the wise.
Wish your Uncle Mike liked them as much as you do, but his favorite store is GTM. I still get him in there on occasion and I agree that there are some awesome deals. We even found one in Kauai so keep your eyes open, there everywhere.
Post a Comment