Today I celebrate two years with Wife. I cannot believe how quickly the time has passed. Next thing we know, it's all rocking chairs, Ensure, and forgetting who the other one is. This year has brought us closer, and some great things have happened to us. Most importantly, we have seen just how powerful a marriage can be...
Marriage is a ministry. After all, the love Christ has for the church is described as the love a husband has for his wife. The way we treat each other in marriage should show Christ to others. Sometimes when you are just living your life, unbeknownst to you, that is exactly what happens. I have been reminded of this twice this year.
Our old neighbor and I were talking one day before they moved out. He said, "Yeah, my girlfriend and I were talking and I said, 'They must really love each other because I never hear them yelling at each other.'" Coming from someone who yelled constantly, it's not that hard to be considered a non-yeller. But nonetheless, he noticed that something was different about Wife and me, and that is a good thing.
The woman who took their place next door is a very nice single mom. We get along great and watch each others pets when we go out of town. Wife was home one afternoon, and the neighbor's daughter came over and handed her a card. "This is from my mom," she said.
I know that we haven't been friends for a long time, but I am so very thankful to have such amazing neighbors. I have seen an incredible love between you two that I not only admire, but am also praying for. You both have Christ's love written all over you and it is quite a picture. Just want you to know that I am praying for you to have a beautiful and blessed life together.
Wow. We just live our life. Together. We laugh a lot. We respect one another. We love one another. We love the Lord, and try to let Him show in how we carry ourselves. Apparently, sometimes, we succeed. What a blessing it is that God gives us such a wonderful opportunity to showcase His love.
My wife is amazing, and it is far beyond what she knows. I got a new job this year. Before that blessing, there was a lot of wondering, worrying, and confusion. Men want to be good providers for their families, and when money is tight, they worry about not being good enough. When I had no idea what I was going to do about getting a different job, but wanted to do something, I wasn't sure if I was being a good enough provider. My wife never did anything to make me think that she thought that. I never once felt like I wasn't good enough due to anything she said or did. She prayed with me. More importantly, when I was long asleep and she was still awake, she prayed for me. When I was blessed with a new opportunity, she was my biggest cheerleader. She has no idea how much it meant to me to feel worthy in her eyes. She could have asked me why I wasn't searching harder. She could have complained about not having cable. She never did. To my wife, I thank you. Thank you for being my love, my confidant, my prayer partner, my friend. I love you more than I can express. I thank God everyday that He blessed me with a life where I am married to you. I look forward to many more years of showing His love to those around us, even if all we are doing is just living our life. Together.
No comments:
Post a Comment