Should Ronald McDonald be banned?
A ridiculous question, it seems, but to some, this is serious stuff.
"Ronald McDonald is a pied piper drawing youngsters all over the world to food that is high in fat, sodium and calories," said a retired Chicago physician who volunteers with the organization. "On the surface, Ronald is there to give children enjoyment in all sorts of way with toys, games and food. But Ronald McDonald is dangerous, sending insidious messages to young people."
Yes, he is quite the double agent, isn't he. Here, little child, I have a toy for you and then BAM he crams a six-piece chicken McNugget meal down the kid's throat. Laughable.
Seriously? Ronald McDonald is the bad guy? Not the parents who only feed their kids Happy Meals? Yes, advertising works on children. Yes, kids want McDonald's. But let me give you a small sample of how to fix the problem:
Child: Can we go to McDonald's?
Parent: No.
Oh my gosh, problem solved! Ronald should stay. If you're going to ban him, at least do it for something reasonable, like the fact that he is most likely a creepy pedophile. Don't ban him for luring children to bad food. Come on, people. And if he goes, do they all go? I mean, a world without Grimace, the Hamburgler, and the rest of the gang? That's preposterous and uncalled for.
And why stop at McDonald's? Get rid of the creepy King from the Burger King commercials. He dangerously draws twenty-something guys toward really bad food. And sometimes he's in your bed when you wake up.
Taco Bell dog, you know that chihuahua? Euthanize it, obviously. Or drop kick it really, really hard.
While we're at it, lock up Jared from Subway. All their sandwiches aren't healthy, you know. and what he doesn't tell you is that to lose weight like him, you have to skip the cheese and any condiment with flavor. Oh the humanity!
So, in my humble opinion, Ronnie McD stays. What say you?
2 comments:
First, the King should be banned from life ASAP. Actually, I take that back. Somebody should make a series of crappy horror films staring him; he is totally on the same level as Chucky, Freddy, & Jason.
While Ronald is creepy, I don't think he should be banned. Saying no will do. Actually, there's no reason you have to ban McDonald's - just be smart about the food. I like to take the boy I nanny there to play on the indoor playground when its rainy. Know what he gets? Apple slices. He doesn't fight me on it because I explain to him what he's getting before we get there. Easy.
P.S. Jon already knows this, so I'm only commenting for the sake of doing so lol.
There was a picture of Ronald McDonald in our paper today. Garrett got a worried look on his face and said, "Is that a real clown?" I told him it was Ronald McDonald, from McDonald's. He screwed his face up all tight and said, "He looks really weird." So, he doesn't have any influence on my child.
Although, we do eat at McDonald's.
This situation is ridiculous. Seriously. McDonald's doesn't jump out at your car and insist that you go inside. Even when you have to walk past it at Super WalMart it doesn't grip you with kidnapper talons and force feed fries down your throat.
The King, however, should be banned.
Post a Comment