Thursday, September 20, 2012

Tres Anos

If time flies when you’re having fun, then my marriage has been the most fun time of my life. Three years ago I took my place at the end of an aisle and waited for my bride. She was worth the wait, not only that day, but in my life as well. I simply cannot imagine my life without her. “Where would I be? What would I be doing?” I ask myself. The answer doesn’t really matter, because nothing could be as sweet as the life I have been blessed with.
In our most recent year of marriage we had a few milestones. We purchased our first home. What a process that was! We continue, albeit slowly, to work on our home and add our personal touches. Once it’s finally presentable we will actually have people over. So we’ll see you in 2015.
We also became parents this year. To our four-legged child. Before you go thinking Heather gave birth to some weird kid with two extra limbs, we got a puppy. She has enriched our lives in ways I never even thought, and prepared us, in a way, for children. Down. The. Road. Our lives changed so much the day we brought her home. There is so much more responsibility, logistics about schedules, slobber and poop. Just like a human baby. I love watching my wife teach our puppy. She is consistent, patient and stern when she needs to be. It hammers home that fact that she will be a wonderful mother. Down. The. Road.
Wife went back to school. God revealed to us that she is in the field he created her for and she should take the next step toward a more permanent career in her field. I swell with pride watching her do her homework. It’s such a simple thing, but it shows that she values knowledge and wants to be successful. As she learns, it validates some of the things she already does at work, and that is awesome.
To my wife, thanks for working at SeaWorld camp seven years ago. Thanks for dating me. Thanks for saying, “Yes.” Thanks for saying, I Do.” Thanks for putting up with me everyday. Thanks for teaching your students, our pup and me. Thanks for being a Godly woman with unwavering faith. Thanks for bringing balance to my life. Thanks for never doing, saying or implying anything that suggests I am not enough. Thanks for loving me when I should be unlovable. Thanks for the last three years. Thanks for the next 50. Thanks.
I love you.

No comments: