One year ago I woke up single and fell asleep next to my bride. It was a whirlwind of a day, and it has been an amazing year.
365 days. 8,760 hours. 525,600 minutes. 31,536,000 seconds.
It has flown by and I cannot believe it has been a year already. We have laughed. We have argued. We have grown. We have learned more about each other and what it takes to make two lives into one.
I have left my father and mother, and I am holding fast to my wife, which is what the Lord instructs me to do. I am trying to live my vows out on a daily basis.
Yesterday, after breakfast in bed, we returned to the site of our wedding to look around and reminisce. The "remember when" game was fun, and we saw a few other weddings being set up, which took us right back to our day. While that day was amazing and fun, I would not return to it if given the chance. I know my wife so much better today. I love her, not more, but differently. More maturely , I suppose.
To all of you who celebrated our wedding day with us, thank you. We watched the video again yesterday, and you could see the happiness plastered on our faces. You were a part of that.
To Wife, you are wonderful. My best friend. My confidant. My helper. My encourager. You love me, respect me, learn from me, and teach me. I am blessed beyond what I deserve. Thank you for giving me this past year. I look forward to spending many more years by your side. Do you think the rest of our cake will last another year in the freezer?
To my Heavenly Father, thank you. I do not deserve what you bestow upon me daily. Thank you for creating marriage to be the illustration of your love for us. What a wonderful task we are a part of! To show You to the world by how we love one another. Thank you for Wife and for knowing, before the beginning of time, that we would be joined together in marriage. Thank you.
2 comments:
Hi Husband,
I had a wonderful first anniversary with you and am excited for many, many more. I am so thankful for you and for our marriage, and I love you so very much.
P.S. If we had frozen our cake for another year I think it would have defrosted into a buttercream puddle of mush, so I think tossing the rest was an excellent plan!
Jon, I am so thankful that my very dear friend has such an amazing person for a husband! And that you're also my friend too :) You are such an example of how a husband should love his wife and it gives me hope for what's out there! God bless you!!
Carrie
Post a Comment