Monday, April 5, 2010

Words and Grunts

Women are wordy.  Men are grunty.  That's just how it is.  Women will use 7,000 words to describe a piece of cake.  Men will use a satisfied grunt to describe the same piece of cake.  Last night, there were words and grunts.

Wife has a major aversion to earthquakes.  Nothing on thie planet makes her fall into a huge puddle of fear like the shaking of a quake.  Apparently, there was one last night somewhere outside of El Centro.  It woke her up.  The following took place (or something close to it...I don't know, as I was dead asleep):

Wife: There was just an earthquake.
Me: Eh? (Questioning grunt)
Wife: I just felt an earthquake.
Me: Eh? (Still questioning)
Wife: Just snuggle me.
Me: Eeeh. (This is an inconvenience to my life grunt) Snuggled her.

We were both asleep in seconds after that.  Words and grunts.

1 comment:

heather said...

Thank you for making me feel safe, despite the inconvenience to your sleepy self!