My mom is great. Really. I'm not just saying that because I'm biased. She is a wonderful person with an amazing heart. I think back to everything she went through/put up with to raise my sister and I, and I am amazed that she didn't just kill us. And by "us" I mean me.
There was the time I broke a window because I didn't want to do my chores. Okay, before you freak out, I didn't do it on purpose. And, in my defense, that rock took a REALLY unfortunate hop off the grass.
There was the time that a punched my sister in the arm because I didn't believe her that it was broken. It was.
There were many other times that she should have killed me dead. She didn't. I think this shows the amazing patience, understanding, and wisdom of my mother.
On the better side of things, there were all the times she made me feel better when I was sick.
There were the times we used to watch Wheel of Fortune and Jeopardy together and try to get more puzzles and answers than each other.
There were the countless basketball games, cross country races, and track meets she went to...and races were always early in the morning.
And soon, there will be the time when I dance with her at my wedding, and she says something about how she can't believe that her "baby" is all grown up and married. I'm sure she'll cry. I might. We'll see.
Thank you, Mom, for always being there for me no matter how many times I messed up. Thank you for not killing me like I deserved. Thank you for the example that you were, are, and will be. Thank you.
Happy Mother's Day, Mom. I love you.
Here is Little Mom:

Here is Happy Mom:

Here is Three Years Ago Mom:
3 comments:
That was very sweet. I'm glad she didn't kill you as well ;)
Little mom makes me smile. I kind of want to pick her up and smooch on her cheek.
Best line ever: And by "us" I mean me.
Yeah ya do.
Awwww....that was so sweet. Thanks! Where did you get the picture of little mom? I'm going to try really hard not to cry at your wedding because it just wouldn't be good for the makeup. Yah...I'll probably fail. Your sister's comment makes me laugh. You forgot the time you smacked your sister for.no.reason.in.the.middle.of.the.bible.bookstore.
Post a Comment